Saturday, September 12, 2009

Back to the Future

I've started reading this magazine, Mary Jane's Farm, and when I read it, I get nostalgic. But for what? I grew up on Air Force Bases and none of my relatives were farmers. I get the same feeling when I watch a Western or see a quilt book with quilts from the Civil War and I wonder what is it in my wiring that makes me wish I was a pioneer farm woman. Sometimes I look around my home and I think that if I was, there'd be more crocheted rugs on the floor and the spiderwebs in the corner would be gone and my home would be warmer and cleaner. I wonder if I'd be considered lazy or if I could keep up. Sometimes I feel that I have no direction, that I just ping pong around with great ideas and lots of lists, but that I never see anything to it's fruition. I want to change that. I need to change that. It's an exciting thought and an exhausting thought. But what a difference I could make around here. The yard would be mowed and the garden beds weeded and neat. The house would be painted and repaired. My family would have an oasis away from the outside world.

It's a thought...

No comments: