Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanks were given

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was very nice. C was home for the holidays. I had her from late Tuesday night til Sunday afternoon. Now she's back at school and taking her finals. I can't believe that her semester is almost over. Time just went by so fast. So now, what I need to do before she comes home in 2 weeks is quilt all the tops that I need quilted by mid December. I have my quilting frame set up in her room and I promised her that I would remove it during Christmas break. Having it in there for 4 days was not a big deal, but 4 weeks...well, that's a different story.

I didn't get much done while she was home so today I've got to hit it pretty hard. Already working on the daily & weekly house chores, but I also need to baste 2 quilts for hand quilting for a friend. I can do that on my quilting machine. It will give me a chance to practice loading/floating a quilt top. I'm still pretty slow when it comes to getting the quilt actually loaded on the machine. Then I've got a flannel quilt top that's just for the living room, but we sure need the flannel quilts in there over winter. I'm also working on some baby bedding for a friend of Chris'. She used to manage a Starbucks, but has since left to be a stay at home mom. She's due in February, but the dr says that the baby might come by Christmas, so that's a priority.

My son starts his dream job today at Nintendo. He's wanted this since he was 4, so that's not a bad deal. I'm so happy for him. :)

Well, I guess I should get away from this electronic stalling machine and get busy. Laundry to fold, trash to take out and a kitchen to straighten up. A cold front came through yesterday, so I need to clean the fireplace and bring in some wood as well. And I'm sure a bunch more stuff that I've forgotten.

Peace,

D

No comments: