Monday, October 8, 2007

Camping, pt3 and everything I did last week

Day three started with a threat of rain, so while breakfast was being prepared, we all started packing up. It took us about an hour to grab some grub and get things all packed up, and then no one wanted to go home yet. We took some family pictures and then drove up to the nature center and went back up to Buffalo Springs. Sorta hung out for a couple of hours, then went to an island area of the park where we always have our "last meal". It's this cool little island in the middle of the river and it's got a picnic area on it and all the tables are stone and huge. I call them the Aslan tables. So we promptly talked my nephew into pretending he was being sacrificed. We thought his shirt was appropriate. Then kisses and hugs all around, 4 vehicles heading back to Texas and 3 vehicles heading back to the small Oklahoma town they belong in.

This week, I maintained my 7:30 wake up time, but had a couple 9-9:30 bedtimes just to recover from camping. And I can't remember what I did this week. I finished the Lone Star top and started working through my scrap quilt blocks adding what I could, then I pulled out the pile of tops completed and started piecing backs. I pickled some more okra, since it's still producing like crazy.

I've started carving my Jack o lanterns. Last year, a friend of mine taught me how to carve the craft pumpkins and I really enjoyed it immensely. This year, we found the flickering tea lights that are LEDs and they look really cool! I'll take photos soon. I carved a Sirius Black pumpkin for the Girl to go with the Harry Potter pumpkin from last year.

The day is awasting...there's lots of laundry to be done, so I need to go be productive while I still feel the need too. LOL.

No comments: