Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Take a break.

Yeah, so I'm taking a break. Well, really I'm just lazy. And I don't like humidity. Or heat. And it's summer in Texas. And I'm a WHINER.

But, this morning, I found my very first okra in the garden. I'm growing burgundy okra this year, so it's....um...burgundy. It's actually quite pretty, too. It's sitting on my kitchen table wondering what will happen to it now. Me to. I mean, what am I going to do with one okra? Sunday I pulled up a big batch of beets and pickled them. Starting on the pantry. I doubt that 5 pints of pickled beets will be a year's supply for my girl and I, but it's a start. Hubby doesn't like them. At all. The end. So we know he won't sneak into the kitchen in the middle of the night with a hankerin' for pickled beets. That's a relief. I also pulled some onions and braided them and hung them from the pot rack. They're so pretty! I need to get the rest of them harvested and hung, along with all the garlic. But there's that issue of the garlic and onions being outside with the heat. Hm. I need to get some floodlights so I can work at night when it's 'cool'.

Still haven't got batteries for the camera, so you have to take my word on all of this.

Been working on a quilt for my parent's 50th anniversary. A scrappy gold double wedding ring with photos in the center of each block. It's going to be pretty cool. We're planning a party for the folks, dad's in on it, mom's not. But the quilt will be a surprise to both. My brother and his wife and family will be there. Haven't seen them in 5 or 6 years.

Well, I'm feeling a nap coming on. I guess I better take a break from taking a break and give in to the nap. It's rough being me. This will end soon, I'm filling out applications for a real job. Ugh. Hubby bought me a car, now I need to pay for it and I'm not selling enough eggs to fill the bill.

I'll let you know how the job hunt goes.

deb

No comments: