Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice day projects

Today we, like much of the country, were gripped by an ice storm. It pretty much shut down the DFW area. So, since I didn't have to work, I used all the time that I would be gone and did what I wanted to do. Seemed to be fair. Here is what happened.

I finished 2 pillowcases for C,
2 Civil war blocks (both the same-I swap with Sue),

An apron with hot dogs on it,
and I finished the borders on my Roman Stripe quilt.
But now I don't think I like the light purple border. I really think it needs to be a stronger border. I was going to use a dark pink with with polka dots, but it turned out to be a poly blend. Now I guess I'll find something else. Anything that's dark. Maybe green or blue. Do you guys have any thoughts or suggestions?

Anyway, that's what I did today. Not too bad for one day! Too be fair, I did all the prep work yesterday on everything. I was just finishing things today.

Oh, I watched an episode of Battlestar Galactica. My son has been nagging me to watch it for a while, and last time I was at his apartment, he forced the first season on dvd into my hand and demanded that I watch. I got through the first episode which was a four hour mini-series on Sunday and watched one episode today. It's hard to sew while you're paying attention, thus only one episode.

Gotta go get my jammies on and get settled for the evening.

Peace,

Deb

No comments: