Wednesday, April 14, 2010

All things considered,

I really should be in bed. Tomorrow at work is my long day. 9am to 7pm, and I'll need to get up early to get dinner in the crockpot. Chipotle Black Bean and Vegetable soup. A customer at the shop gave me the recipe and I've tried it once before and it's delicious. It's also really nice to have dinner ready after working a long day. DH will be home long before me, so if he's hungry he can dig in when ever he wants. He usually waits for me though. Such a sweetie.

I'm working on my list of craft show projects. I got some very good suggestions from my daughter in law. She suggested more smaller items: wall hangings, placemat and napkin sets, seasonal items and baby quilts. I think I'll also ask on facebook what folks might like to see and buy at a high end artisan craft show.

I finally finished the alterations I was doing to barter for goods from a friend of mine. She runs a CSA (community supported agriculture) and in our trade she gave me several tomato and pepper plants. All kinds, slicing, cherry and paste tomatoes and bell, jalapeno (green and black), poblano and anaheim peppers. She also gave me a csa share. A huge bag of fresh lettuce greens, garlic greens, elephant garlic, fresh rosemary and thyme and some coriander. Quite a haul. I gave her a dozen eggs, altered two pairs of pants and hemmed two pairs of jeans. All in all, a good trade.

Yesterday I went out and got quite of bit of work done. I cut all the saplings off the alley way fence line, planted all the tomatoes and peppers and got them all mulched. Indoors, I finally gave in and put the duvet away in the blanket chest and carried all the fire wood in the living room back outside. What that means is that we're sure to have a freak snow storm or some such nonsense. I think I left firewood in the house til July last year, just to be on the safe side. Then I ran into town and facilitated a "support group" at the shop for customers who are doing any of the Blocks of the Month projects. It was 3 hours when they could come to the shop and get help or just have a dedicated time to work on their BOMs. I took my handcrank and worked on a class sample. I only had 2 ladies show up, but it was the first meeting of the group. I'm sure it'll pick up some steam. It's free to our customers.

Well, like I said at the beginning, I really need to get to bed. DH is already snoozing as he has a very early morning.

Y'all sleep well,

D

No comments: