Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I worked him like a dog...

My husband that is. He was off of work today and I blatantly assigned him a bunch of jobs to help me with. He cheerfully did them. Well, he started off cheerfully enough anyway. We got the rest of the rails up on the fence posts around the garden. He helped me cut down an old bamboo shade to use as a sun break for the chicken coop, he walked with me down to the hardware store to purchase some screws, he mowed the front lawn AND he put the down spout extension on. Whew! I think it was a good day's work. After that, I left him alone and let him nap and play video games. As much as I can leave him alone. :) I have a habit of vocalizing my random thoughts, running from the sewing room into the living to blurt out something completely strange and quite important. (ie: "I think the guy who moved in across the way has his own table saw" and "Our mean old neighbor is smoking in the alley"). While he was "resting" I was finishing up a class sample that I was working on last weekend at my parent's house. I got it finished just in the nick of time. Both my over head light and my sewing machine task light burned out today and both require specialized light bulbs. And the window in front of my sewing machine is currently wood. So I was battling daylight in an effort to finish before it was so dark in there that I sewed my finger to the quilt. I won and we had just enough time to run to the grocery store in town to purchase the fixins for the dinner DH requested. Chili Dogs. It was his day off, after all. Then we sat down to watch a hockey game, which we are losing atrociously. And that's about it. Here's a picture of the quilt. It's called a Blooming 9-Patch, and hopefully, you can see why.

Here's a picture of the chair I re-strung yesterday. It's really quite comfy.

Time to hit the hay. Getting up early in the am to do chores and work on another quilt top. It's a Tumbler quilt made up entirely of Christmas fabric, both mine and pieces I requested from my quilting friends. I hand pieced most of it til I was close to the end and machine pieced the last 6 rows. I'll get them sewn on and transfer the quilt top from the "works in progress" pile to the "quilt top" pile. I'm really trying to finish some stuff. OH! I got my chicken quilt loaded on the quilt machine as well.

I'm pooped!

peace,

deb

No comments: