Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Had a relatively calm day today. I got up and ran into Frisco about 10am to do my grocery shopping at Target and Sprouts, home by 12-ish. Walked the estate and watered a few things that I just planted and then I started sewing. I did some bartering with a friend. Alterations and hemming for plants and seeds, so I got that job all done today. Then onto the Buggy Barn quilt.

I fixed some pop overs as a side for dinner. DH had never had them and they're about the easiest bread product ever. I pulled down an old popover pan (I assume) that I've had for years and never used and baked some up. They were quite a success and DH liked them alot. I'll have to keep that recipe in my head to whip up on nights when I don't have enough time to bake a loaf of bread to go with dinner.

I promised you pictures of the tumblers quilt, so here they are.

1400 pieces (ish) or so. Now I can't decide how to quilt it. I really had wanted to hand quilt it, but now that I have another Christmas piece that I NEED to hand quilt I might just go ahead and machine it. I would like to use both of them this year during the holidays. The other is a wall hanging, but it's a Baltimore style so it will require quite a bit of quilting. I guess I should decide pretty quick though.

I went online today and downloaded an application for the War Eagle Mill Craft show. It's my holy grail I think. I'm working up the courage to start doing craft shows. There are several fairly large ones in this area, but I'd love to get into the War Eagle one. DH thinks it's a great idea and it could be quite lucrative. I guess I need to quit sabotaging myself and just do it. I think I'm just afraid that I'll fail and then all the time and money put into it would be wasted. Perhaps I just need some one to hold me accountable. I guess I need to work up a plan. What I can make to sell, how much time required, etc. Do I make quilts that are quick or quilts that are pretty? Do I make contemporary quilts or country quilts? Wall hangings, queen size or miniatures in frames? Quilted tote bags? You guys, who ever you are that reads this, give me some input. If you were to go to a large arts and craft fair with money to burn and you came across a quilt booth, what would YOU want to take home with you? I guess there's just about nothing that I'd rather do with my day after chores and gardening than quilt. And If I could generate some income doing that, that'd just be amazing.

Ok, well that should give you guys something to think about and PLEASE leave your opinion in a comment. I'd love to hear what y'all think.

G'nite

D

No comments: