Saturday, September 22, 2007

Busy Doin' Nothing

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what I've done since Tuesday when I last posted, and quite honestly, I can't think of too many things, but I know I've been busy. Wednesday, I went "into town" (I live out in the sticks) and did my grocery shopping at a market I had never been too before. It's called Whole Foods and it's a hippie paradise! Organic produce, all natural products, the nicest cheese counter I've ever seen and the deli! Oh my! Needless to say, I was in there awhile and it's about an hour away from home, so that pretty much ate up most of my day. Then there's the coming home and putting it all away. That took some time. We had to "ooh" and "aah" over all the cool stuff that I purchased. Pink salt was one of the highlights of the show and tell.

I did work in the garden before I left that day and finished up weeding and clearing out another bed. I only have one more "standard" bed to clean up. It's 8 x 4. Then I have a 25x4 asparagus bed that I need to get up close and personal with. It's in sore need of a weeding and putting to bed for next year. Also needing some quality time is the half bed (2x12) that is currently growing peppers. I can wait on the okra bed for awhile, it's doing great.

Thursday I worked at the shop die cutting kits and visiting with the ladies. That's always fun. Then yesterday, I spent most of the day catching up from Wednesday and Thursday. Cleaning off the flat surfaces in the sewing room and putting things away. Going through the mail and filing things. I did make a potholder to go with the apron that I made and got it all ready to be shipped off. I can't wait to get mine back!

I delivered a quilt to a friend of mine yesterday morning for another friend who has been diagnosed with returning cancer. A party is being thrown for her today, but I'm not able to attend, so I dropped the quilt off early. I collected signatures from her family and friends and then put them all together for her. It's just a lap size, but it's bright and cheerful and I hope that she likes it.

Today will most likely involve me finishing up the Lone Star that I've been working on all week. I'll have to see what Scifi movies are on today and get busy. Maybe it will be another big critter day!

No comments: