Monday, November 16, 2009

Flying through the holidays

It certainly has been a while. As fast as I thought life was speeding by at the first of the year, it's certainly picked up it's pace. The last 3 weeks have been filled with making samples for our "Quiltapolooza" at the shop. I don't have pictures yet since everything was top secret. The event was yesterday afternoon and was a great success! We had twice the amount of folks there than we had at our first one. And the biggest surprise was revealed. We've acquired the space next door and are expanding our shop. We'll have a really nice kit cutting and storage area, plus a classroom to seat up to 20, which is amazing. Our old classroom will become notions, patterns and books and the rest of the new space will be for fabric. It's all very exciting. I'm also the "internet marketing director" which means I'm the only employee at the shop who knows how to use Facebook and Twitter, so I've established accounts for the shop.

Personally, I'm trying to keep up with things and stay ahead of the holidays. I'm using the FLY lady system, which is awesome. She has a program "Cruising through the Holidays" in which you imagine that you'll be going on a 3 week cruise starting Dec 1, and you need to have everything ready for Christmas before you go. It's a 15 minute a day task and it works.

My son and his wife have moved to Seattle and have both found jobs. My son got his dream job at Nintendo, something he's wanted since he was 4. We're all happy for that. C is doing amazingly well in college, and has been told if her grades stay where they are through the end of the semester, she'll qualify for the Honors Program, which is awesome. We're VERY proud of her.

Today, I catch my breath and try to prepare for the week. I've got a really busy schedule besides working, so I really need to be on top of my game in regards to laundry, household chores and meal plan/prep. It's so much harder when I don't have someone here to help me out. I can't just text C and tell her I'm running late and would she start dinner.

Off to chore land, and then I need to make stock for Thanksgiving, finish a repair job and load a quilt that I'm basting for hand quilting. Besides decluttering my utensil drawer, changing sheets, blah, blah, blah. :)

Oh, I'm also working on (in the evenings) a crocheted rug for the living room. It's so chilly in there in the winter, I'm hoping it will help insulate the wood floor a little. The dog likes it.

Stay busy out there!

peace

No comments: