Friday, May 28, 2010

Toning up mind and body

Lately I've been allowing God to take control of my life. (A very dear friend gave me a book called "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore) That pretty much means I'm giving him all my baggage, and let me tell ya, there's a TON of it. It seems like such a simple and logical thing to do...giving away all of that stuff. It's much like de-cluttering your home. You attach too much meaning to an item, but once you break through that and get rid of it, you feel so much better and want to clear out more and more. You see the structure underneath. It's so....liberating! And as the saying goes, where your mind goes, so goes the body. I've noticed it's a ripple effect, actually. I started clearing my mind and making space for all the good things God has for me, mentally and emotionally. I start to feel good about myself and that motivates me to feel good about my physical form and take better care of it. So I've been getting up every morning and walking/running about 3 miles. When I get home, I'm full of energy and good feelings and that motivates me to want to feel good about my yard, so I spend much more time in the yard trying to get it back into shape and of course, the logical progression is that I wanna spend some time getting the house back into shape to go with the yard....It's one of those "give a moose a muffin" things.

Now, I know that I won't always wanna get up and run, and that the yard maintenance will sometimes be overwhelming and that tool I need to replace the gutters on the house will cost too much and that there's gonna be days when the anxiety takes a hold and tries to cripple me. But now I feel that I know how to fight it and push through it and maybe lose, but mostly win. And at the end of the day, I will know that I fought the good fight and that I didn't just sit there and do nothing which is the biggest defeat of all.

ps: for those folks who might be visiting this summer and feel like they're going to show up and the house/yard are gonna look like I have a professional landscape/home care service, be aware that it didn't get like this overnight, and it won't necessarily be cleaned up overnight. I'm just saying...

peace,

Deb

No comments: