Sunday, July 13, 2008

Food of the Gods


Wednesday brought lunch with 2 good friends. We all used to work together at a quilt shop and even though one of us has moved away and abandoned the other two of us, we still are able to get together for a meal twice a year. This time The Cheesecake Factory was chosen. And it was chosen well! The meal was good, but the dessert....holy cow! We split a piece of Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. To DIE for. I think that will start being an afternoon treat when I take C to the mall for mall stuff. Pictured above is (left to right) me, Cathy, and Sue. A more unlikely trio you'd never ever see, but for whatever reason, it works and it works well. It was a lovely time, but it ended too soon. Cathy was in town to visit relatives and we didn't get a lot of time together, but it was really fun. After Cathy had to jet, Sue and I drove to a local quilt shop that is going out of business and spent an undisclosed amount of money on an undisclosed amount of fabric. That's info is need to know....and no one needs to know. :)

Job Update: I have acquired a job at another local quilt shop (not going out of business) entitled Happiness is Quilting. I start tomorrow and I'm really excited about being back in a quilt shop. Sue still works at the quilt shop that we all met at, and now I guess we'll have to be rivals and have weekly quilt wars. That could really put a damper on our private Civil War block swap though. Or I guess we could pool resources...hmmm, have to think on that one.

Deb

No comments: