Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A friend in need is a friend indeed

A really good friend of mine valiantly offered an older monitor up to me, and I snatched at it with both hands. She even made the drive out to the boonies to bring it to me on Saturday. So, I'm back in business.

The hallway looks great, but I want to the get the moulding up before I take the "after" shots. It's like a whole new room. It makes me happy. C and I are even decorating it, which is unheard of here. It's more of a throw things anywhere sort of scheme at this point. We don't want to buy anything, but we figure we have enough stuff laying around covered in dust that we can find stuff to put in there. We're even talking of an area rug to go in there. I know! It's very motivating.

I joined the FLY lady webgroup the other day to get a little better about being clean and orderly. I've gotten my DIL and my friend, Jack to sign up too, so we're all working on the babysteps portion. It's a pretty cool system. It's a NO STRESS system. I'm fairly tidy anyway, but I get overwhelmed by our "extreme dust" and just give up most of the time. I'm learning how to approach the mess and the clutter from a different angle now.

I've started my annual "summer's almost over, I better get a routine again" program. No more sleeping til 9 and hanging out for a couple of hours doing nothing until someone says they're hungry. I get that way when it gets really hot and I don't want to go outside and work in the yard anymore. I'm kinda whiny that way. I really work hard in the garden/yard until about mid July, then I'm indoors until October. Meanwhile, Nature hits it hard and takes over and then I have major work to do when I get back out there. I really don't want to let that happen again, so last night after dinner, I set a timer for 15 minutes and worked on weeding/clearing the iris bed out front. 15 minutes goes by fast, and I was surprised by how much I got done. So, that'll be my after dinner thing for awhile. I also forced myself to get up while it was still relatively cool, cut okra and peppers and take care of all the outside chores before it gets too hot. I even did my 10 minute workout dvd this morning. Routines make me feel better and I tend not to just wander around the house all day, eating something.

We're really looking forward to the Olympics. C and I watch them together when they're on, and we have some really nice memories of them. We also watch the X-Games together every year. So, this weekend coming up is the X-Games (7/31-8/3) and then, of course the Olympics. We have our favorite athletes, and enjoy rooting for them.

One last item.
Uh, I thought only Garfield liked lasagna? This is C's cat Bam. Needless to say, I used a different pan. And the bowls were already empty. :)

peace,

deb

ps: Welcome to my new readers!

No comments: