Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Always something to do

Whew! What a busy week so far! I guess my whole "new approach to life" system is really working. I've only not gotten up at the appointed time on a few occasions, and I have felt the need to nap every now and again, but all in all, I feel like I've been highly productive. I think I've gotten more done out in the garden in the past two weeks than I did all summer. I'm taking seriously the responsibility to minister to my garden so I can provide nutritious and fresh food year round. I ordered my winter vegetables on Sunday. Broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and cabbage, and dug through my left over spring veggie seeds. Lettuce, spinach, spring mix, carrots, beets and radishes. I'm really getting excited at the prospect of gardening year round! Early this morning I went out and started tackling the asparagus bed. It was WAY out of hand. I got about a third of it cut down and weeded, which is a huge step for me.

This week is my husband's "forced" vacation from work. Sort of a use it or lose it vacation hours situation. He had until September 31 to use his last 40-something odd hours or lose them, so he's home. I've had some chores for him to do, and today we started cleaning out the garage. UGH! I believe I will get out there in the morning while it's still cool and do some work. There are a few more heavy things that I can't move by myself, but that's what he's for. I took some pictures of all the crap that we removed from our tiny little garage, but I couldn't believe how much stuff there was so I'm not ready to share those with you right now.

Friday, we're going camping with the whole family. Not just us (hubby, daughter, son/almost daughter in law). I'm talking mom and dad, sisters, their kids and grand kids. Something like 20 of us all camping together. It's always interesting, and always fun and we do it once a year. It will be 3 days of total chaos, and highly enjoyable. I'm taking a small Halloween stitchery project to hand quilt for a friend. She did all the work, and I'm just finishing it up for her.

OH! Monday, I went sewing with one of my good friends. I went to her house and we made matching Halloween quilts. It was just an easy one this year. Last year we did a BQ pattern with a really cute Alexander Henry print. I'll post photos tomorrow. When I got home, hubby came out to help me unload all my sewing stuff. He stopped on the driveway and called me over and this is what I saw. We made sure that I hadn't run him over when I pulled in, and watched him for a while, before we went on our way. He was pretty big and just beautiful. Not that I'd play with him or anything, but he was quite impressive.

I guess that's it. I'll post quilt photos tomorrow.

No comments: