Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Consistency is everything

Well, so much for my thoughts that I would post everyday. Although, I have been quite productive in these past few days. Took my daughter shopping on Sunday for the "perfect" shirt (we found it) and the rest of her school supplies.

Monday, I worked at a friend's quilt shop, using the die cutter to cut out quilt kits. The owner needs some one dedicated to doing only that while they're there, and I have the occasional day where it works out for me to go in and do it. It's a great system. While I was there, a sewing buddy stopped by to show me a quilt top that she put together on Friday. I didn't get a picture of it, but it's really cute. She stopped by on her way to drop it off at the quilter's house. Then she snuck out to my house and dropped off a big ole' crow to put in my front yard for Fall/Halloween decoration. We both suffer from the Halloween Crazies. It was a nice surprise to come home to after work!

Also on Monday at work, another sewing buddy stopped by to see me and brought me a gift. She's cleaning out her sewing room, and since everybody knows that I take scraps and leftovers, she brought me a few things. 3 large bags of fabric. Good fabric. Fabric that I will use. In a move that is almost unheard of, I had my hubby stop at the store on the way home from work and I bought 3 clear sweater boxes to sort the fabric into instead of just setting the bags in a nook in my sewing room to sit and get dusty for weeks before I put it away. And then I used them! Yesterday say me pull it all out, sort by color and file it away in see through boxes and stacked on a shelf.

In my quest to start finishing things and be more organized, I'm having to look at things differently. I bought a pattern box (a cheap one not the fancy one) and got all the patterns off of my cutting table where they get knocked into the floor at least once a day by at least one of the cats. Yesterday, I replaced the broken toilet seat (4 months old) and the ripped out shower curtain (6 months). Small expenditures, to be sure, but something that I knew needed to be done, but "never got around to". It's an amazing thing.

Yesterday, the weather took a turn for the better and a cold front came through. I woke up to 61 degrees and did a happy dance! It seemed that everyone was in a better mood. I was for sure. Even the chickens seemed to be enjoying themselves just a little more than normal.

I have to get to work on a client quilt. Talk to you soon!

No comments: