Saturday, July 4, 2009

Quilts in the Sidebar

I just took a moment and looked at all the quilts I have listed in the sidebar that I need to finish. I think those were posted months ago. Ask me if I've finished any of them. Go Ahead! ASK! The answer will be a resounding "NO". How embarrassing. I guess I should maybe focus on getting some of them done. Maybe one a month or something easy like that. Once C moves down to Galveston, I'll have plenty of time to be productive. Y'all are supposed to keep me accountable!

I harvested the onions. Not as many or as big as I had hoped for, but a whole veg drawer in the fridge full. I think they got shaded out by the sunflowers that were also in the bed and just didn't get enough of what they needed to get big. Lesson learned. Every year I learn something valuable from my "mistakes". I don't really consider them to be failures since I learn from them. The okra is just now kicking in. I got some potatoes, but again, not as many/big as I had hoped, but more than last year, so progress was made. I've got some tomato plants that survived and 2 pepper plants. I put all the melons/cucs/etc in the front this year hopefully to confuse the squash bugs and sneak them by. I also put 2 more tomatoes in the front. A friend's hubby is a landscape architect and he's going to draw me up a plan for an edible cottage garden. I'll have to work it in stages, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to do so this fall.

That's about it, folks. DH is working a 19 hour shift today so I thought I'd work at home in solidarity. I'll be basting a quilt and getting ready to quilt it. Might even get started. I guess I should go do my grocery shopping as well.

Happy Independence to everyone. Be safe.

d

No comments: