Saturday, April 10, 2010

Candy Coma

So the other day, I was at the grocery store and all their Easter candy was on clearance. My bright idea was to buy some and send it to the kids. They got opened. And sampled. And double sampled. It's not like I ate a whole bag, there's still plenty of candy. But I don't eat candy. I don't even hardly eat sugar. And I certainly don't do more than a cup of coffee or tea's worth of caffeine in a day. I know, I'm a freak. Whatever. I woke up this morning feeling just icky. Head achey, sluggish, and apparently I get mean. But only to my DH. Which really isn't a good thing. I spent the day drinking tons of water and working in the yard, trying to rid all that poison from my system. I don't think it's all gone yet though. Still headachy and feeling funky. I think I'm gonna take the next few days and try to detox it out. No more candy for me. Well. Probably in about 6 months I'll do it again, knowing full well what's going to happen and feeling like a jerk when I do. It's kinda stupid to eat something knowing that you're going to pay for it. Oh well, I guess I'll keep trying to learn from my mistakes.

On the up side, I got a few things done today. Paid bills, made a menu and grocery list, cleared out a veg bed and got the corn planted, went to the feed store for chicken fud and caved and bought 2 tomato plants and a pepper plant. Got them in the ground, did some laundry and worked in the sewing room for a while. I got the final 2 rows sewn onto my Christmas tumblers quilt. It's huge. I'll take a picture tomorrow. Approximately 1400 tumblers. I hand pieced most of it, but once I got close to the end, I just went ahead and finished up on the machine. I fixed a lovely dinner of marinated chicken breasts, herbed rice and fresh asparagus. Shoulda made bread, but we survived. I started cutting for the next class sample, a Buggy Barn Crazy quilt out of the new Moda line called Oz. Funky, 60-ish type prints. And I completed another hand pieced LeMoyne Star block for, you guessed it, a class sample. I sure hope I get some students. I'm spending all my time doing class samples and don't have time to do the paying jobs.

Watched the final Stars hockey game of the season. We won. :)

It's time for bed. DH has to get up at 4:30 (eww) and I should probably get up relatively early and head into town to do my grocery shopping before all of Frisco is out and about. Then home for more yard work and class samples. It's a good thing I like to garden and sew.

Peace,

Deb

No comments: