Friday, April 2, 2010

My public ;)

Seems I have a few friends and family out there who actually read this blog. I know, right! I had no idea. So I guess that will lend some accountability to things around here. If I have to write down what I did, I have to have done something.

Had a great time in Stilly visiting family. Mom made me a pattern from my favorite shirt....WITHOUT taking it all apart. Dad cooked and cleaned, which was a new experience. We also opened the outdoor patio for the season. It was nice to be there for that. I worked on a class sample, it's not quite finished yet, but I will definitely post a picture for that. It's pretty darn cool, if I say so myself.

Got home and I think my blackberry bush has died. We'll have to see. I might go ahead and plant it and see what happens. My lettuce is coming up and my broccoli and cabbage are doing well. We had two really warm, but very windy days but now it's raining again. I put in some radish and beet seeds last week, so this may be just what they need to give them that umph to get going. I have some carrots sprouting all over one of my beds. I guess I let a carrot go to seed last year. That's a-ok as everything I planted last year was open pollinated. And I don't have to mess with planting carrots this year. The asparagus is really starting to get going. I think I've harvested one spear from about 2/3rds of the crowns so far, another week and this rain we're going to get today should help them out. I do need to get some more straw and start mulching things since once it gets warm, it'll be real warm.

I didn't get to bring home my rain barrel since I was driving the little car. Next time, I guess.

My niece is getting married tomorrow, but we're not able to go. I hope everything goes well and I wish her the best.

I need to go finish getting dressed for work. A dear friend and co-worker has been out a few weeks and will be out another few weeks more and we are all taking turns taking her food. Today is my day. Nothing special, I cooked a crockpot of beans yesterday and am taking her some of those. They were quite tasty, but we sorta just threw in what we could find and I'll probably never be able to duplicate it.

I will spend some more time this weekend to see if I can get the mobile photo upload to work from my phone. My camera doesn't quite work as well as I'd like it to these days and my phone takes better pictures.

peace,

D

No comments: